Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Grace

All I can do is remain faithful,
When You are nowhere to be found.
You made promises,
And I answered, ”I believe.”

Now, I am left with my belief,
Bereft of vision.
Only memory sustains me.

I remember You,
And our days of love.
The world stole in with lies.
I would not listen.
The world would not relent.

It, too, made promises,
Promises it could not keep.
They, though, were sweet,
But always somewhere
Vinegar, an aftertaste.

I learned to discern,
To seek the light.
To fight the war with Faith,
Burnishing the Spirit sword,
And to wait.

I wait now.
I wait still.
I resolve to wait forever, if need be,
When You are nowhere to be found.


You made promises
And I answered, "I believe."
Your grace - that I still do!

©2011 Joann Nelander All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment