Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What have I ?

 

 

What have I,

That You have not given?

Can I count myself  my own?

Clothed in flesh,

Before I knew the light,

I burst forth

From a borrowed womb.

 

 

Opening my eyes on life,

Mother love shown as my sun.

Before hunger could claim me,

My mouth was filled with sweetness,

Free flowing as a font.

 

 

Years brought knowledge,

But not answers.

My needs were met,

Far beyond survival’s mark,

So I presumed dominion,

Supposed myself a god.

 

 

In time it was Wisdom

That instructed,

As Providence constructed.

It was You

Who hung the heavens.

You commanded the Earth.

You birthed all powers that be,

Created Universe and Light.

 

Time and Tomorrow

Were born at Your Word,

As star and star dust

Danced to Your music.

 

I whirled in abandonment,

Irrational contentment.

 

You hold all in being,

And as summit and treasure,

And by Love possessed,

What have I?

What have I?

I have it all!

I have, by that same Love,

You, My Love,

You.

 

©2012 Joann Nelander

No comments:

Post a Comment