Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Man Clothed in Sin

A man clothed in sin
Walked the long aisle
To stand before the Crucifix.

Long years,
No tears,
He came to say,
"You died for me,
And I don't give a damn!"

The hardened before the Hallowed,
The clock running down,
Time spent and unreflected,
Deeds done and unrepentant.

Challenged to say the words,
He began,
"You died for me,
And I don't give..."

Undaunted, he repeated,
"You died for me
And I don't....."
Gaze focused
On that bloodied Corpse,
Resolute, again, he began,
"You died for me..."
.......
"You died for me..."
"You died for me!"

Tears, tears,
Rivers of tears,
Years unspent,
And now in flood.

Miracles at the Red Sea,
Yet, none greater
Than the Passover,
One innocent Lamb,
Slain, and yet standing,
Lifted up,
Drawing thee.

© 2012 Joann Nelander
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment