Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Advent Prayer–Beginning Today


IS 25:6-10A

On this mountain the LORD of hosts
will provide for all peoples
A feast of rich food and choice wines,
juicy, rich food and pure, choice wines.
On this mountain he will destroy
the veil that veils all peoples,
The web that is woven over all nations;
he will destroy death forever.
The Lord GOD will wipe away
the tears from all faces;
The reproach of his people he will remove
from the whole earth; for the LORD has spoken.
On that day it will be said:
“Behold our God, to whom we looked to save us!
This is the LORD for whom we looked;
let us rejoice and be glad that he has saved us!”
For the hand of the LORD will rest on this mountain.

Beginning today, for I am of today, my now,  I will be this mountain of the the Lord of hosts, for He dwells in me and walks with me. This encounter is in me for the world.

Beginning today, my now, for the past is but a recorded memory,  I will feed the hungry with choice fare, the very best I have, starting with a smile at the breakfast table and an encouraging word to feed the hearts of those gathered in my present.

Beginning today, my now, for the future is but a hope, a promise, a dream…I will part the veil.  I will share my Communion with the world, first by prayer and then by the sharing of faith, truth, wisdom and the work of my hands.

Beginning this day, the only time in which I live, the Lord of this mountain, shall wipe tears from weary faces by my hands and cast a large net to embrace the earth that it may be ever blessed.  I will place my entreaties at the feet of the Lord of hosts that He might once again multiple the loaves and fishes and gather up the left overs to supply for generations yet unborn.

Signed

Joann Nelander

No comments:

Post a Comment