Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Friday, June 15, 2012

Vigilance

O, Trinity, mine,
As I am Thine,
Indwelling with sacred flame,
Dispatch as for battle
Angels and Archangels,
Sword in hand.

Penetrate my darkness,
Infiltrate clandestine deceptions
Masquerading as light.
Pull down cruel strongholds,
Erected by Minion’s guile,
Surreptitious and in disguise.

Where blindness
Has made me vulnerable,
Where folly
Has let down my guard,
Where allurement
Has entrapped me,
Give power, sword and wing,
To Your Michael.

Bid him ride the dawn
To stand arrayed for the frey,
Here by my side.
Bright Angel of Truth,
Mount ye,
Who Is Like God,
Ever upward,
Empowered by my prayer,
Whispered in th Name,
All Hallowed.

Hashem, do You battle,
Vanquish the hidden
Enemies of my soul,
By my union,
In Your Death.

By my Baptism,
Let Your Blood
Cry out as Your Able,
From the ground
Of my being.

Give Life ever new.
In Your rest,
Empty Tomb,
Witness in me,
By Eucharistic grace,
The triumph of Your Resurrection.

© 2012 Joann Nelander


No comments:

Post a Comment