Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

You before the Altar.


Opening my eyes
And lifting my head
From my prayer,
My eyes fell upon you,
My friend.

Your steady gaze
Fixed on the naked Savior,
Your arms crossed
Over your breast
And you,
Lost to this world,
Spoke my prayer.
You, in iconic stature,
Embodied my heart's cry.

Bowing my soul,
I turned within
To pray with clarity
In humble poverty of spirit,
With Faith's certainty,
The Lord had heard,
And smiled on my desire.

Rising with my closing "Amen",
I looked
Only to find your place
Before the altar,
Now abandoned,
Yet the holy sight is seared
On my impressionable spirit.
It lingers still.

Your gifted presence
Shall long capture,
And hold fast
The essence of being
At which I hope to arrive,
In the tabernacle of my heart,
As in pleading it resounds.
Anchored to an image
Of prayerful adoration
Living in my mind's eye.

My God be adored,
And Your children
Forever graced.

No comments:

Post a Comment