Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Friday, November 1, 2013

Your presence

The Holy Spirit depicted as a dove, surrounded...

[audio http://lionslair.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/audio-post-2013-11-01-22-21-42.mp3|titles=Audio Post]

Your Presence

Your presence is all around me,
And Your glory shines forth
From even the smallest of Your creation.

If I were to feel Your effects all day long
I would live in tears,
Rejoicing with tearful gladness,
And weeping, conscious of my deserts.

So I avert my gaze from these flowers of love
That I may carry on
Keeping my feet anchored on earth,
Though my soul would have me take flight
And keep company with the angels.

My spirit strains upward
As over and above all
I reach for You in humility of heart,
Worn out by Your mercies,
Never tiring in Your consolation.

Come Holy Spirit!
Make Your home in me
With customary gentleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment