Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Friday, March 30, 2012

Wounded Love

Thomas wanted reality.
Thomas wanted answers.
Thomas wanted undeniable proof.

He trusted his mind.
He trusted his senses.
He walked by sight,
But feared to trust
The witnesses of Resurrection.

A God, with wounds of Love, understood.
A God, marked by our disbelief,
Stood before him,
In plain sight.

Thomas finger my wounds.
Feel the warmth of human flesh.
Feel the throbbing of My Heart,
Bounding against
Your hand in My Side.

Thomas you wanted only
The trappings of reality.
Am I real now
Real enough for you,
My friend?

Standing, face to face,
Before I Am,
Bought to his knees
By living, breathing, proof,
He stand in our place.

Humbled by faith's awakening,
Before the True Witness,
Senses satisfied,
Content, now, and forever,
He'll follow blindly,
Unto death.

"My Lord and my God."

Copyright Joann Nelander 2012
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment