Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello Kitty Meets the Disintegrator.



My husband's been waiting for a sunny day with no wind to spend at the shooting range. Today was the day. He was like a kid in the candy shop, with rifles, ammo,mount and tripod at the ready for his get away.  As he made a break for it, I minded him, "Be careful out there. Watch out for crazy people." With all the anti-gun hysteria in the media, I actually felt he was going to a place that was well managed, with people who minded their p's and q's and had their s _ together unlike those anti-gun lobbies and the like, blowing smoke at good citizens with both barrels and at the 2nd amendment.
My guy wore himself out walking back and forth to targets at one hundred yards and then 200 yards. All in all it was a very good day. He wrapped it up with these words when he got home, "You know those 'crazies you told me to watch out for...they were right next to me. Seems the couple in the next lane, equipped with 2 AR-15s must have come to the range for the first time, and jumped right in, ignorant of the protocol.
First the guy trots out with his target paper, thinking he's going to mount it to the frame "out there", my husband's, of course.  "Oh no you're not!", says my man, fearless in the face of ignorance.  After filling the newbie in on the niceties, my guy blasted holes happily til he checked his target, now peppered by rounds from, you guessed it, an AR-15.  Seems the wife of the other fella was shooting from another lane, beside her husband's, at his target, which just happened to line up with my husband's target, from her perspective.
Simply carrying on, patching her hits in his target and wishing they'd tire quickly, my husband still had very good day! There are scarier things out there:


I know what I want for Christmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment