Visit My Photo Studio for Holiday Gifts

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Light to My Light

Round and round,
Oft' repeated action,
Oft' repeated sin,
I go,
Blinded by the storm within,
To folly's fortune,
And wayward whim.

Hunger and thirst
Assail in just desert,
Assail with a vengeance.
Who will pay the piper?
Who will ransom the captive heart,
Break my fetters,
And smash my chains?

Crying into the night
Black my heart ache
Black my guilt.
Still my tears betray my hope,
As for Love I grope,
Calling, because primal urge
Causes me to shout into the Darkness.

I am the smoldering candle,
That will not go out.
That will not curse the darkness.
You are fan to my flame,
And breath in my nostrils,
You are the oil that fuels my lamp
To show the way out of darkness,
Light to my light.


© 2013 Joann Nelander
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment